Requesting IT Purchases
Global Microchip Shortage
Lenovo, Dell, and other technology manufacturers are currently experiencing significant delays due to component shortages. Unfortunately the issue is expected to last another year at least.
Faculty/Staff Order Form: Click here
- Even if you are unsure on the exact type of computer, etc. you want to order, please submit your request here. We will send you a quote to verify before we place any orders on your behalf. This helps us keep better track of our requests and ensures we are able to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you!
- If you have questions not specifically related to a certain order, you can email ITOrders@kenan-flagler.unc.edu.
Who Should Submit This Purchase?
The following items need to be ordered through IT Orders with the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School:
- Computers (PC, Apple, Linux, iOS, or Android)
- Any technology equipment/accessories over $500.
- Software (for individuals and for larger initiatives with contracts)
- External Hard drives, USB Flash/Thumb Drives (100GB in size or more), SD cards
Area Assistants / Group Purchaser
The following items should be ordered through your area assistant or program purchaser. IT Orders is happy to answer any questions or provide recommendations regarding these items as well.
- Any technology equipment/accessories under $500
- USB Flash / Thumb Drives (under 100GB in size)
We strongly recommend purchasing the standard equipment listed on this website as well as using the Apple, CDW, Dell, Lenovo, and Staples BuyCarolina catalogs if possible.